Steam Link on the Raspberry Pi beta
Run Steam Link on your Raspberry Pi using info-beamer hosted
This is the easiest way to get Steam Link running on your Raspberry Pi. Just import this package and you're ready.
Here's the full guide to get your device up and running. You'll need:
- An empty SD card
- An info-beamer account. It's free, so just sign up here.
- A Raspberry Pi 3/3+ with an Ethernet connection. WiFi might work but is not recommended
- An XBox controller connected with USB. While the Steam Link software supports other controllers, only the Xbox controller is supported by this package.
Setting up your Pi:
- Go to https://info-beamer.com/account and enable [x] Show advanced/developer options
- Go to https://info-beamer.com/download, select Testing release. Enable [x] Customized download and select [x] Automatically add device to your account. Then click on the Download custom install.zip button.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file to your empty SD card
- Put the card into your Pi (be sure to connect an ethernet cable and your controller) and power it up
- The OS will be installed and after a minute the screen should show "Waiting for content" and you should see your device on https://info-beamer.com/devices
- The Pi is ready.
Let's install the software:
- Import this package into your account by clicking the Import package button
- Click on the Create Setup button and give your new Setup the name "Steam Link"
- Click on the Assigned Devices tab next to the configuration tab
- Click on the Install Steam Link button next to your Pi.
That's all. Steam Link will be installed on your Pi. The download is around 80mb, so it might take a moment. Once started, follow the on-screen instructions to connect the Pi to your Steam Client on your PC.
If you have questions, please use the forum at https://community.infobeamer.com/t/197
Want to run Steam Link on the Raspberry Pi on your Raspberry Pi?
This package is ready to run on your Raspberry Pi using info-beamer.com hosted. Easily manage unlimited number of Raspberry Pi devices and centrally configure and run visualizations like this on them. info-beamer.com is a prepaid service. You only pay for the resources you are using. No long term commitment, no hidden fees. Learn more...